Most green beans are ready to pick 45 to 60 days after germination, making them a favorite for a quick and steady harvest. They grow best in warm soil that has reached between 21 to 29 degrees Celsius, making them ideal for planting in your raised garden bed for the warmer months.
If you love green beans and are interested in growing them with your child, here are a few tips for growing the best green beans in town:
1. You can soak most green bean seeds overnight in a small dish of warm water. This will help speed up the germination process.
2. Maintain good spacing around green beans to increase air circulation and decrease chances of powdery mildew.
3. Never work on your green bean plants when they are wet. Working around the wet leaves can promote the spread of disease.
4. When growing pole beans, give the vines some support using a trellis, stakes, or pole for them to climb up.
5. Harvest green beans often. Picking green beans often helps to promote more growth and increased yield.